In the interpretation of these Regulations: any words and expressions, unless otherwise defined herein, shall be words and expressions as defined as follows:-
- “AC” means the Alliance Committee appointed by FA Council.
- “Association” means The Football Association Limited.
- “Club” means a football club for the time being in a League in membership of the NLS.
- “League” means any competition sanctioned by the Association and/or an Affiliated Association in membership of the NLS.
- “LC” means the Leagues Committee appointed by FA Council.
- “NLS” means the National League System of competitions controlled by the Association where promotion and relegation links exist between participating Leagues.
- “Playing Season” means the period between the date on which the first competitive fixture in the League is played each year until the date on which the last competitive fixture in the League is played. For Clubs participating in Play Off Matches this does include the period when Play Off Matches are played.
- “Play Off Matches” means matches played between Clubs in a Play Off Position on a format to be determined by each League provided that the format is the same across each Step.
- “Play Off Position” means the position of a Club at the end of each Playing Season which is provided for in Standardised Rule 13 as qualifying the Club to take part in a Play Off Match to qualify for promotion to the next Step for the next Playing Season.
- “Regulations” means these regulations.
- “Rules” means the FA Standardised Rules or FA Standard Code of Rules under which a League is administered.
- “Step” means the level at which a Club participates in the National League System.