13.1 Three points will be awarded for a win at home or away and one point for a drawn match at home or away.
13.2 At the end of the Playing Season of each competition a table will be compiled showing the playing record of each Club in each division of the Competition. The playing record of each Club must include any points deduction made by the Competition or by the FA and in any situation where points per game are calculated the calculation will be made after taking into account the deduction of any such points.
The position of each Club in the table so complied shall be determined in order with the Club being awarded the highest number of points being first and the Club being awarded the second highest number of points being placed second and so on. In the event of two or more clubs being awarded the same number of points the highest placed Club shall be decided as follows:
- 13.2.1 Goal difference – The goals scored against by each Club shall be deducted from the goals scored by that Club and the largest positive and smallest negative difference shall be placed the highest.
- 13.2.2 In the event of the goal difference being equal the highest placed Club shall be the Club which has scored the most goals;
- 13.2.3 In the event that two or more Clubs have the same goal difference and have scored the same number of goals then the highest placed Club shall be the Club which has won the most matches.
- 13.2.4 In the event of the two Clubs still being equal the Club which has the better playing record against the other Club in their head to head Competition matches during the Season will be the highest placed Club.
- 13.2.5 If the records of two or more Clubs are still equal and it is necessary for any reason to determine the position of each then the Clubs concerned shall play off a deciding match or matches on a neutral ground or grounds with the net gate money after deducting the usual matches expenses being divided equally between the two completing Clubs.
13.3 Promotion, relegation and lateral movement of Clubs shall be in accordance with the principles established by the Leagues Committee of The FA.
13.4 At the end of the season the bottom three (3) placed Clubs in the Premier Division shall be relegated and be replaced by the Champions, Runners Up and third placed side in Division One, provided they meet the required entry Ground Grading in accordance with the FA National Ground Grading Document.
Should a Reserve side or Nursery Club finish in one of the three (3) promotion positions in Division One, under the National League System Rules they are not permitted to be promoted to Step 5 so the Club in fourth (4th) position shall be eligible for promotion.
At the end of the season the bottom two (2) Clubs in Division One can be replaced by two (2) Clubs from Step 7 provided they meet the entry Ground Grading required in accordance with the FA National Ground Grading Document, or may be considered for re-election.
- Rule 13.4.1 If no Clubs are eligible or wish promotion, the number of Clubs to be relegated shall be reduced. Notwithstanding any of the above, the Board shall be empowered to maintain the numbers of both Divisions.at the end of the season; subject to the National Pyramid Arrangements; the Champion Club of the Premier Division may, if it so desires, be put forward for promotion to Step 4 and its place may be taken by a Club from Step 4. Clubs wishing for promotion to Step 4 must apply to The FA by 31st December.
- 13.4.2 At the end of the season, the bottom three placed clubs in the Premier Division shall be relegated and be replaced by the top three clubs in Division One, if one of these places is occupied by a reserve side then the fourth placed club will be regarded as finishing in the top three, provided they meet the required grading as per the National Ground Grading Document. At the end of the season the bottom two placed clubs in Division One shall be relegated and replaced by two clubs from Step 7, provided they meet the grading required as per the National Ground Grading Document; or may be considered for re-election.
13.5 If no Clubs are eligible or wish promotion, the number of Clubs to be relegated will be reduced.
13.6 In the event of a Club, not being placed in a relegation position at the end of the season, wishing to resign from the Competition at the end of the season, or having been removed from membership under the Articles the number of Clubs to be relegated shall be reduced accordingly.
13.7 In the event of a Club opting to be relegated or being removed from membership under the Articles such Club or Clubs will replace the Club or Clubs otherwise due for relegation in accordance with Regulation 5.4 in the Regulations for the Establishment and Operation of the National League System.
13.8 If any Club ceases to operate between the annual general meeting of the Company and the commencement of the following Playing Season, no adjustments to the number of Clubs participating in the Competition will be made. The remaining Clubs will participate in the Competition for that season.
13.9 A Club which for any reason ceases to operate at any time during the Playing Season may have its playing record expunged, and any monies due to them from the Company shall be forfeited. From the date of the withdrawal no further payment shall become due to them. From the date of the withdrawal, that Club shall cease to be a member of the Company.