Hamworthy United FC

Ground: The County Ground

Nickname: “The Hammers”


  • Formed:1926 & joined Wessex League:2004
  • Clubhouse: Yes Several Real Ales and lagers (some casked)
  • Midweek: Tuesday
  • Colours: Maroon and Sky Blue shirts, Sky Blue shorts, Maroon socks
  • Alt. colours: Yellow shirts, Yellow shorts, Yellow socks
  • Sat Nav: BH15 4BF

Wetherspoons: “The Quay” 21 The Quay, Poole, BH15 1HJ

  • Hamworthy United FC,The County Ground,BH15 4BF

Directions: From Poole:- Travel towards Hamworthy on the A350 over the new twin sails lifting bridge, At the traffic lights turn right onto the B3068 Blandford Road and at the next set of lights turn into Blandford Close Ground and car park 100 yards on the right, The ground is signposted on Blandford Road. From the A35:- Travelling west take the slip road for Upton and then the first exit left at the roundabout, Go straight over the double roundabouts and on to theB3068 Blandford Road towards Hamworthy. After 2 ½ miles turn left at the traffic lights into Blandford Close and the ground and car park is 100 yards on the right. The ground is signposted on Blandford Road.

Honours:League Cup Winners 2004-05

History:

The Club was formed as Hamworthy Football club in 1926 and moved to their present ground in 1950 after entering the FA Cup for the first time two seasons earlier. They became founder members of the Dorset Premier League in 1957 before amalgamating with Trinidad Old Boys at the start of the 1971/72 season and changing their name to Hamworthy United. The Dorset Combination League became the Dorset Premier League in 2002 with Hamworthy being Champions in both that and the following season before joining the Wessex League in 2004. They won the League Cup in 2004/05 and have remained in the Premier Division of the League to this day. Their reserves still play in the Dorset Premier League.