East Cowes Victoria FC

Ground: Beatrice Avenue, East Cowes

Nickname: “The Vics”


  • Formed:1885 & joined Wessex League:1987
  • Clubhouse: Yes
  • Midweek: Wednesday
  • Colours: Red and White shirts, Black shorts, Black socks
  • Alt. colours: Orange Shirts, Black shorts, Orange Socks
  • Sat Nav: PO32 6PA

Wetherspoons: "The Man in the Moon" 16-17 St James Street, Newport, PO30 5HB

  • East Cowes Victoria FC,Beatrice Avenue, East Cowes,PO32 6PA

Directions: From East Cowes Car Ferry Terminal follow Well Road into York Road and up the hill until reaching the Prince of Wales PH. Next turning right into Crossways Road and then left into Beatrice Avenue. Ground is on the left. From Fishbourne follow signs to East Cowes and Whippingham Church and the ground is 200 yards from the church in Beatrice Avenue.

Honours:League Cup Winners 1988

History:

Formed in 1885 and the full name of the Club, East Cowes Victoria Athletic Football Club is the longest registered with the Football Association. The “Victoria” part of the name derives from the ground being part of the Crown Estate and in the area of Osborne House, the home of Queen Victoria. Founder members of the Isle of Wight FA, joined the Hampshire League in 1947 and progressed through the Divisions before joining the Wessex League. Were relegated in 2000 but rejoined in 2004 and have remained in membership to this day. Have won the Isle of Wight Gold Cup on eight occasions with seven of those victories coming between 1980 and 1989. Their neat Stadium has been much improved over recent years and has staged Island Games fixtures and the surface is one of the best, recognised by Groundsman Mick Newnham winning an FA Award in 2012.