Fawley AFCPremier Division
Ground: Waterside Sports and Social Club
Nickname: “The Oilers”
- Formed:1923 & joined Wessex League:2004
- Chairman: Kevin Mitchell - 07836 259682
- Secretary: Scott Johnston - 07825 550624
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.pitchero.com/clubs/fawleyafc/
- Clubhouse: Yes
- Midweek: Wednesday
- Colours: Blue shirts, Blue shorts, Blue socks
- Alt. colours: Red Shirts, Red shorts, Red socks
- Sat Nav: SO45 2PA
Wetherspoons: "The Standing Order" 30 The High Street, Southampton, SO14 2DF
- Fawley AFC,Waterside Sports and Social Club,SO45 2PA
Directions: Leave the M27 at Junction 2 and follow the A326 to Fawley/Beaulieu for around seven miles. The Club is situated directly behind the service road on the right hand side of the main road some 2/3 mile after crossing the Hardley roundabout. Blue Star Bus service 9 from Southampton (Portland Terrace) passes the ground.
The Club was formed as AGWI United in 1923 and joined the Hampshire League six seasons later. In 1949 they changed their name to Esso Fawley . They won Division Three of the Hampshire League in 1995 and reached the Premier Division in 1999.
In 2002 they changed their name again to Fawley AFC and joined Division Two of the Hampshire League in 2005. In 2010 they finished as runners-up and were promoted to the Premier Division.
The village of Fawley is dominated by the Oil Refinery which has been there since1921. It was rebuilt and extended in 1951 and is the largest of its kind in the United Kingdom.