Folland Sports FC

Ground: Folland Park

Nickname: “The Planemakers”


  • Formed:1938 & joined Wessex League:1987
  • Clubhouse: Yes
  • Midweek: Tuesday
  • Colours: Red shirts, Red shirts, Red socks
  • Alt. colours: Blue shirts, Blue shorts, Blue socks
  • Sat Nav: SO31 4NF

Wetherspoons: "The Admiral Sir Lucius Curtis" Canutes Pavilion, Southampton, SO14 3JS

  • Folland Sports FC,Folland Park,SO31 4NF

Directions: Leave the M27 at Junction 8 and take the turning for Southampton East. At the Windhover roundabout take the exit marked Hamble (B3397) and proceed for some 3 miles. Upon entering Hamble turn right into Kings Avenue on the sharp bend opposite the Harrier public house and the ground is on the right.

Honours:Division One Champions 2009-10

History:

The club was originally established by workers at the Aircraft factory in Hamble-le Rice and known as Folland Aircraft. During the war players from both Southampton and Portsmouth played for the club and the Hampshire Senior Cup was won in both 1941 and again in 1942 along with the Hampshire League title. The Club was re-named Folland Sports and drifted between local and county leagues until the 1980’s. After winning Hampshire League Division Four in 1980 they went on through the leagues reaching Division One in 1986 and winning both the Hampshire Intermediate cup and the Southampton Senior Cup along the way. Third place was achieved in their first season in the top Division and they then immediately joined the Wessex League. In 1990 they became Aerostructures Sports and Social before a change of Compamy ownership saw the Football Club playing as GE Hamble in 1998. The Club was relegated to Division One of the Wessex League in 2009 but immediately bounced back as Champions and will now be going into the coming season as Folland Sports, the wheel of change as regards their name having virtually turned a complete circle.

The village of Hamble-le Rice is well worth the visit with the Marina, the river, yachts and numerous public houses.