Newport (IoW) FCPremier Division
Ground: St. Georges Park
Nickname: “The Port”
- Formed:1888 & joined Wessex League:1986
- Chairman: Stuart Ross - 07974 968815
- Secretary: Lisa Woodward - 07917 043152 / 01983 721423
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.niowfc.com
- Clubhouse: Yes
- Midweek: Tuesday
- Colours: Yellow shirts, Blue shorts and Yellow socks
- Alt. colours: Red shirts, White shorts, Red socks.
- Sat Nav: PO30 2QH
Wetherspoons: “The Man in the Moon" 16-17 St James Street, Newport, PO30 5HB
- Newport (IoW) FC,St. Georges Park,PO30 2QH
Directions: From the Fishbourne Car Ferry Terminal take the A3054 towards Newport. At the large roundabout in the town centre take the A3020 towards Sandown, go under the footbridge and take the first exit at the next roundabout. The ground is then 200 yards on the left.
Honours:Combination Champions 1992, 2000 | Combination Cup Winners 2003
The Club was founded in 1888 and the original Minute Book is still in the Club’s possession. Their original home was known as Well’s Field which was to later become known as Church Litten. Founder members of the Isle of Wight League they were Champions of that competition four times between 1908 and 1924 before joining the Hampshire League in 1927. The Second Round of the FA Cup was reached in both 1936 and 1946 and they appeared in the First Round on a regular basis meeting such sides as Swindon Town, Watford and Shrewsbury. In the sixties the Club won the Hampshire Senior Cup twice but were relegated from the Hampshire League Division One in 1969 for the only time in their history. The Club has always enjoyed success in the Isle of Wight Gold Cup, claiming the prized Trophy on no fewer than 34 occasions since their first success in 1930. In 1986 the Club were founder members of the Wessex League finishing a creditable fourth in that initial season. Runners –up spot the following year saw the club promoted to the Southern League. In 2000/01 22 clean sheets and a run of 24 unbeaten matches saw the Club promoted to the Premier Division but that proved a hurdle too far and relegation followed after just one season. By 2003/04 the Club was in Administration and rescued by the Supporters Trust and the following season they switched to the Isthmian (now Ryman) League and also hosted the ESFA’s England Under 19 fixture against Finland attracting an attendance of nearly 3000 to St. Georges Park.. However by 2007/08 the Club were again struggling both on and off the pitch and again the reins were taken over by the Supporters Trust but the end of the season saw relegation to the Wessex League. Since then the Club has re-established itself on a firm footing and is again looking to Southern League football in the not too distant future.