Pewsey Vale FC

Ground: The Recreation Ground

Nickname: “The Vale”


  • Formed:1948 & joined Wessex League:2010
  • Clubhouse: Yes
  • Midweek: Tuesday
  • Colours: White shirts, Navy Blue shorts,Navy Blue socks
  • Alt. colours: Yellow shirts, Yellow shorts, Yellow socks
  • Sat Nav: SN9 5BS

Wetherspoons: "The Silk Mercer" St Johns Street, Devizes, SN10 1BL

  • Pewsey Vale FC,The Recreation Ground,SN9 5BS

Directions: From Pewsey’s King Alfred Statue take the B3087 Burbage Road for 100 yards and then turn into the Co-op Car Park. Park in the far top right hand corner next to the Bowls and Tennis club and walk through to the ground.

History:

The Club was officially formed in 1948 but there is evidence of organised football being played in a field close to the current ground as far back as 1921. The Club was offered a lease of the current ground in 1950 but it was not until the eighties that the Clubhouse was built through the generosity of several local businesses. Pewsey were promoted to the Western League in 1993 (at one stage managed by Swindon Town “legend” Don Rogers” ) and moved across to the Hellenic League in 2001 immediately winning promotion to the Premier Division. Around this time, again aided by local business, the Club installed hard standing, floodlights and seating for 50 people. Relegation after three years and a season in Division One saw the Club take the decision to drop into the Wiltshire League and regroup. The League Cup was won whilst third place in their first season, together with the standard of facilities, enabled the Club to join the Wessex League where they remain today. In 1991 and 2000 they claimed the Wiltshire Senior Cup and they are the present holders of the Salisbury Hospitals Cup.