Ringwood Town FCDivision One
Ground: Long Lane
- Formed:1879 & joined Wessex League:2004
- Chairman: Phil King - 07771 548268
- Secretary: Aubrey Hodder - 07754 460501 / 01590 679156
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.ringwoodtownfc.co.uk
- Clubhouse: Yes
- Midweek: Tuesday
- Colours: Red shirts with White trim, Red shorts, Red socks
- Alt. colours: Orange shirts, Black shorts, Orange socks
- Sat Nav: BH24 3BX
Wetherspoons: “The Nightjar” 94 Victoria Road, Ferndown, BH22 9JA
- Ringwood Town FC,Long Lane,BH24 3BX
Directions: Travel to Ringwood via the A31 (M27). From the Town centre take the B3347 for one mile towards Christchurch. At the Texaco Petrol Station turn left into Moortown Lane and after 200 yards right into Long Lane. The ground is 250 yards on the left.
An ancient copy of the old Ringwood Almanac confirms that the Club was formed in 1879 and it first appears in County records as Ringwood Hornets in 1886. The Club was disbanded during the First World War but re-established in 1918 as Ringwood Comrades. In1936 the name was changed to Ringwood Town but the Second World War saw the Club disbanded again. In 1946 the Club was listed as Ringwood and Welworthy Football Club but soon reverted to Ringwood Town and has played under that name to the present day. The Club played at Carvers Playing Fields in the 50’s and 60’s before an ambitious committee, aided by the Town Council, made the move to Long Lane. Successive Committees have continued to improve the facilities resulting in the Club moving from the Bournemouth League into the Hampshire League – winning Division Three in 1996 – before joining the Wessex League Division Two in 2004. The Club has won the Bournemouth Senior Cup on four occasions and in 1980 won the Russell Cotes Cup. In 2006/07 they reached the Wessex League Premier division – the highest level at which the Club have ever completed – but found the learning curve too steep and they dropped back into Division One after two seasons.