Romsey Town FCDivision One
Ground: The By-Pass ground
Nickname: “The Town”
- Formed:1886 & joined Wessex League:1986
- Chairman: Ken Jacobs - 07850 550561
- Secretary: Clare Crossland - 07864 877274
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.pitchero.com/clubs/romseytownfc/
- Clubhouse: Yes
- Midweek: Tuesday
- Colours: Red and Black shirts, Black shorts, Black Socks
- Alt. colours: Yellow shirts, Royal Blue shorts, Royal Blue socks
- Sat Nav: SO51 8GJ
Wetherspoons: "The Bright Water Inn" 370-372 Shirley Road, Shirley, Southampton, SO15 3HY
- Romsey Town FC,The By-Pass ground,SO51 8GJ
Directions: The ground is situated on the south side of the town on the A27/A3090 roundabout (Romsey By-Pass) adjacent to the Romsey Rapids Leisure Centre and the Broadlands Estate. Approximately 15 minutes walk from Romsey Railway Station.
Honours:Division One Champions 1989-90
The Club was formed in 1886 and currently plays in the Wessex League Premier Division. It is a Charter Standard Club and affiliated to the Hampshire Football Association. They have always competed in the 9th and 10th tiers of English football and reached the Fourth Qualifying Round of the FA Cup in 1990/91, beating Frome Town, Chard, Stroud and Newport IOW before losing to Littlehampton Town. The Club moved to their current ground in 1956 and were Wessex League Champions in 1989/90.
Romsey is situated in the Test Valley, famous for its Trout Fishing and includes the Broadlands estate, the home of the Mountbatten family. Former England Cricket Captain David Gower also has his home in the Town.