United Services Portsmouth FCDivision One
Ground: Victory Stadium, Burnaby Road.
Nickname: “The Navy”
- Formed:1962 & joined Wessex League:1986
- Chairman: Richard Stephenson Lt. RN - 07854 109343
- Secretary: Bob Brady - 07887 541782
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.clubwebsite/unitedservicesportsmouthfc
- Clubhouse: Yes
- Midweek: Monday / Tuesday / Thursday
- Colours: Royal Blue and Red striped shirts, Royal Blue shorts, Royal Blue socks
- Alt. colours: White shirts, White shorts, White socks
- Sat Nav: PO1 2HB
Wetherspoons: “The Isambard Kingdom Brunel” 2 Guildhall Walk, Portsmouth, PO1 2DD
- United Services Portsmouth FC,Victory Stadium, Burnaby Road.,PO1 2HB
Directions: Leave the M27 at Junction 12 and join the M275 to Portsmouth. Follow the signs to Gunwharf, turn right at the traffic lights into Park Road and the left at the next set of lights into Burnaby Road. The entrance is at the end of the road on the right, via HMS Temeraire. NB: There is NO parking for spectators within the ground.
Portsmouth Royal Navy FC was formed in 1962 with the idea of providing football at the highest level possible to bridge the gap between the United Services midweek leagues and the Royal Navy and Combined Services Representative sides. The Club played in the Hampshire Leagues until becoming one of the founder membes of the Wessex League in 1986. They were Hampshire League Division Two winners in 1968, 1978 and 1981 and won the Russell Cotes Cup in 1968. They returned to the Hampshire League at the end of the 2001/02 season. This prompted changes to the structure of the club and they regained their place in the Wessex League in 2004 having opened up the playing side of the Club to civilians and members of the other Armed Forces. The ground now boasts a 500 seat covered stand and two floodlit astroturf pitches and whilst the Club remain in Division One of the League they did beat Premier side Moneyfields at Fratton Park in 2012 to win the Portsmouth Senior Cup for the first time in their history.