Whitchurch United FCPremier Division
Nickname: “The Jamboys”
- Formed:1903 & joined Wessex League:1992
- Chairman: Peter Adams - 07846 040710
- Secretary: Cara Lewis - 07788 535359
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.pitchero.com/clubs/whitchurchutdfc/
- Clubhouse: Yes
- Midweek: Wednesday
- Colours: Red and White striped shirts, Red shorts and Red socks.
- Alt. colours: Blue shirts, Blue shorts, Blue socks
- Sat Nav: RG28 7RB
Wetherspoons: "The John Russell Fox" 10 High street, Andover, SP10 1NY
- Whitchurch United FC,Longmeadow,RG28 7RB
Directions: From the south leave the A34 two miles north of Bullington Cross at slip road marked Whitchurch. Head for Whitchurch Town centre and the ground is on your right.Entering Whitchurch from any other route take the Winchester Road out of the town and the ground is on the left as you approach the end of the built up area.
Whitchurch United FC was formed in 1903 by an amalgamation of Whitchurch Rovers and Whitchurch Albion with records showing that the former were playing as far back as 1886. The Club joined the Basingstoke League in1906 and for many, many years played local football in the Basingstoke and Andover Leagues. The Club have had four grounds over the years starting at Parsonage Meadow which is now the local cricket ground. From there to Barnetts Meadow, now the recreation ground , and Judds Meadow, adjacent to where they now play. The final move was to Webbs Meadow which was re-named Longmeadow in 1955 although the playing pitch now has been turned 90 degrees from it’s original position. In 1953/54 they reached the Hampshire Intermediate Cup Final at the Dell losing 3-1 to Netley Sports and it is reported that for that game and an earlier tie on the Isle of Wight the Town was “deserted”. Around this time the Club was known as the “Jamboys” because of the Jam Factory in the Town – long since closed- and the Club have recently re-adopted the nickname.They joined the Hampshire League in 1958 and between 1989 and 1992 they won promotion twice and joined the Wessex League for the 1992/93 season. After two years at that level they were relegated back to the Hampshire League only to immediately gain promotion again before gaining further promotion in 2012/13 when runners up spot behind Brockenhurst took them to the Premier Division for the first time in their history.